Join the Simla Friends!
Be a friend to your library…the rewards are great! When you get a bunch of Friends together, it’s called a party! We like to think that’s what happens when we come together to discuss ways to enhance your community library. The Friends of the Simla Branch Library meets quarterly and/or per the needs of the group.
We have multiple levels of membership that have comparable rewards. Basic membership is FREE.
We raise money for our local library through individual donations, used book sales, membership dues, and our annual silent auction. Your financial contributions, donations of used books, and volunteer efforts will help make a good library great!
Simla Manager Kathy Barnett at firstname.lastname@example.org to become a Friend.
The Friends of the Simla Branch Library exists to provide advocacy, volunteer support, additional funds, and community involvement for the Simla Library.
What We Fund
- T-Shirts & Materials for the annual Summer Reading Program
- Computers and Computer Programs
- Facility Furnishings
- Additional Books, DVD’s, and CD’s
- District-wide activities in conjunction with the Foundation.
- Used book sales – Simla-ites always donate books to us. Get a bargain for gently used items.
- Annual silent auction (WE’RE ALWAYS SEEKING DONATIONS FOR THIS) – This is our main gig. Do some early Christmas shopping and support a great institution.
- Amazon Smile. – Just name the Friends as the beneficiary, and everything else works the same. No additional charge.
- Snacks at library – Purchase low-cost snacks or gourmet coffee at the library any day. Get something delicious AND support our cause.
- Donations – Cut a check or drop some change/dollars in the jar at the staff desk.
The Friends of the Simla Library is a part of the Pines & Plains Libraries Foundation
Each branch in Elbert County is supported by a local Friends group. The P&PL Foundation raises funds to benefit all libraries.